Presentations by speakers and panelists from the CPHA-N Annual Meeting on May 1, 2014.
Click on linked names of speakers below to view their presentations in PDF format. Additional presentations will be posted as they are made available.
- APHA President Joyce Gaufin—keynote speech, entitled “Public Health in Transition: Embracing and Preparing for the Future.”
- CPHA-N President Jacquolyn Duerr, MPH—chart on “Community Prescription: Costs, Issues & Controversies.”
- Performance and Accreditation—Loriann DeMartini, PharmD, Deputy Director, Office of Quality Performance and Accreditation at CDPH—”Building the Public Health Workforce Pipeline Accreditation as a First Step.”
- Public Health Nursing—Sheila Proctor, RN, MS, MPH, Associate Professor, UCSF School of Nursing, chairing a panel on “The Impact of ACA on Public Health.”
- Rural Health—Miguel A. Perez, PhD, MCHES, FAAHE, Professor and Chair, Department of Public Health, Fresno State, on “Rural Health and ACA: The Central California Region.”
- Oral Health—Bob Isman, DDS, MPH, Dental Program Consultant for the California Department of Health Services, on “Dental Benefits in the Affordable Care Act,” and Howard Pollick, BDS, MPH of UCSF School of of Dentistry, on “Putting Teeth in the Affordable Care Act: Where Does Oral Health Fit In?”
- Community Health Workers—A panel on Community Health Workers (moderated by John Troidl), including Andrew Broderick, MA, MBA, Co-Director of the Center for Innovation and Technology in Public Health, Public Health Institute, on “Taking Innovation to Scale: Community Health Workers, Promotores, and the Triple Aim;” John Buckmaster, Academy Co-Coordinator—”Valley High School Health TECH Academy,” (a unique program that trains high school students to be community health workers, with his partner Rodney Black); and Carol West and Maria Lemus.