The California Public Health Association – North is an official affiliate of the American Public Health Association. The CPHA-N service area includes 47 of the 58 California Counties with a population of nearly 14 million. The Association currently has a multi-year membership of 1000+, including over 300 student members. The Free Student membership program includes students from public health-related academic programs throughout the service area, many with representatives serving on the Governing Council.
Benefits of Membership
- Voice and representation in national issues through close liaison with APHA.
- A voice on State issues, including links to California public health leaders and legislators.
- Partners with the California Center for Public Health Advocacy.
- Collaborates closely with CDPH and SCPHA on state-wide issues.
- Sponsors professional development and training opportunities during the year.
- Creates leadership and networking opportunities with your professional colleagues.
- Promotes employment opportunities in newsletter and on website.
- CPHA-N is a Non-profit, Professional Organization and a 501(c)3 entity.
- Membership fees, CE charges & donations are tax-deductible.
- CPHA-N is certified CE provider for Public Health Nurses.
- Partners with NCSOPHE for CHES units; also offers CE credits for Dietitians.
- Member discounts on registration fee at CPHA-N Annual Meeting and other programs.
- Delivers timely CPHA-N E-MAILER Newsletter to your personal email address.
- Maintains a newly upgraded, easy access Website: www.cphan.org
- Encourages service on Governing Council, committees & sections.
- Supports development of public health professions via Student Membership Program.
- Provides liaison linkage to/from major public health academic centers.
- The California Public Health Association-North (CPHA-N) will provide leadership in public health in California by studying and becoming familiar with public health needs and problems, and by initiating and supporting action to meet needs or remedy problems including education and legislation.
- CPHA-N will provide an opportunity for persons actively engaged or interested in the broad field of public health to share knowledge and experiences in order to achieve the primary goal of protecting and promoting public, environmental and personal health.
- CPHA-N will also function actively as an affiliate of the American Public Health Association by supporting and contributing to the work of the national organization.
What We Do
We influence the development of statewide health policy through our:
- Strong working relationships with the State legislature and administration, local health officials, and elected representatives
- Close ties with schools of public health, teaching hospitals, and the research community
- Collaboration with community-based organizations and coalitions, advocates, and labor unions
- Dialogue with public and private health care providers, traditional and non-traditional
As the Northern California affiliate of the American Public Health Association, we take part in the national public health policy discussion. CPHA-N sponsors continuing education opportunities through conferences and seminars which promote dialogue with prominent public policy thinkers.